Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Panasonic Lumix LX3


In the fall of 2009 I was looking for a camera. I'll drop my caveat by saying that I don't know much about cameras. I took a 4x5 class in college, and while I defend my experience by saying I have a "good eye", in reality photography is too numerically confusing for me to soak up. When F Stops and ISO's rattle off left and right, my dyslexia with numbers (I swear it explains my grade school math experience if it's this) just wasn't going to have it. But whatever, I needed a camera.

Basically I wanted a SLR with detachable lenses (powerful and modular), but I wanted something small so I could have it on me (practical and inconspicuous). Digital. Good lens. After much hunting (I suggest Photography Blog as a great site to compare and contrast) it came down to the Lumix LX3, which had been out awhile but seemed to fit well in the category I was looking at and the Ricoh GR Digital Series.

I went with the LX3 (no detachable lens but...) it was rumored to take great Black and White photos, it's compact and durable, has a wide Leica lens and was less expensive than the Ricoh ($350 used).

Some samples...







No comments:

Post a Comment